Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Soy Sauce Marinated Chicken

Years ago I went to a Chinese restaraunt that served
the most amazing tasting chicken wings I ever had.
At the time I should have asked for their recipe,
but I didn't and now the restaraunt has closed.
It was so good tasting that even after thirty years,
I want to re create that great taste on chicken wings.
I think the main ingredient in the marinade was a
soy sauce with sweeteners and spices added into it.
Here is what I came up with, it is as close as I can get
to the best tasting chicken wings you'll ever have!

Ingredients:
24 chicken wings
4 cups water
6 ounces soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground black peper
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

Directions:
Place chicken wings in a bowl,
add marinade ingredients and cover
with plastic wrap to refrigerate
for at least an hour or overnight.
Remove chicken wings to cook, grill, broil,
or deep fry them to a juicy and tasty finish.

No comments: