Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Spritz Cookies
Crispy and Buttery

These are crispy butter cookies.
As the Holidays are upon us,
it's time to make some cookies.
I remember making Spritz cookies
with my Grandmother every year.
I added some brown sugar into the mix.
These are realy good Spitz cookies.
Some how I just can't get the cookies
I press out of the cookie press to
look or taste as good as the Spritz
cookies my Gramma pressed out.

Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
8 tablesponns unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Sift together the flour and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
Stir in the egg yolks, almond and vanilla extracts.
Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients.
Fill a cookie press with dough and shoot cookies
1 1/2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments: