Over 8000 yummy recipes in the database!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Pie Crust

I came up with this pie crust while I was remembering
how my Grandmother used her excess pie crust.
You know what I mean, after you cut the pie crust
from the bottom crust after you place it in the dish.
My Grandmother would roll it out then spinkle some
cinnamon sugar on the dough rolling it up and baking
them into little sweet cinnamon swirled treats.
Anyway, back to the cinnamon flavored pie crust.
This crust makes for a killer pumpkin pie.
It's sweeter than plain old pie crust,
a little darker in color which makes
it looks like it was over baked but trust me
this flavored pie crust is very good tasting.

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups flour
4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup really cold water

Directions
In a mixing bowl combine ingredients just
enough to make a workable pie crust dough.

No comments: